Friday, December 5, 2014

For the Birds

One month ago I officially lost my status as a night owl.  After 8 years of working 11pm to 7am, I'm now working a good old 8-5 day job.  Same company, just in a supervisory role now.

I love my job.  It keeps me very busy and the days fly by, but I'm exhausted when I get home. Combine that with a near non-existent budget and you get a blogging drought.  That doesn't mean I'm not still here.  I'm just struggling to find a balance that many of you have had from day one.  I still read your blogs every day and I apologize for not commenting more.  I will try to do better in that department.

A few weeks ago I happened to read that Ryan over at "O" No, Another Orioles Blog was trying to divest himself of some cards.  The stack of 2006 Allen and Ginter caught my eye and that's what Ryan was kind enough to send over.  I have the perfect thing to send in return, when I get a moment to hit up the post office.

I'd love to show a scan of every card because in their simplicity, the 2006 Allen and Ginter set is magnificent.  I wasn't quite back to the hobby in 2006 and so I missed out on this gem.  I'm always thankful to pick up a few when I can and I hope to have the full set eventually.  In lieu of showing off all the cards, I just took one simple pic with my phone.


I pulled out my three favorites from the stack Ryan sent over.  The Kevin Mench because he's a Ranger.  The Brandi Chastain because I've become somewhat obsessed with Team USA (my 2nd Twitter account proves that).  Last, but certainly not least, is Pope Leo XIII.

By the way, if you're following my Twitter account @bsnider_22 and you don't like the Team USA tweets, switch over to the more baseball card centric @patpdude.

Thanks for the cards Ryan and continued and unending thanks to all of you in the blogosphere for doing what you're doing!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new gig. I hope you enjoy it. Never apologize for not blogging enough. With as much wonderful content and free stuff you have passed around the community, you have definitely earned a little goodwill.

    ReplyDelete