Friday, June 27, 2014

I've been Tuloed, Shipleyed and McCoyed

Yesterday, I walked in and found this waiting for me.



That is a medium flat rate box and it was stuffed with goodies from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders.
Inside the box were 100's of basketball, baseball and football cards that I asked for in his Spring Cleaning Contest.  How cool is it to have a contest where you get entries by claiming FREE cards?  Very cool if you ask me.




I somehow managed to land first on the randomizer and I chose the Troy Tulowitzki auto.  Dennis threw in a graded 1990 Donruss Nolan Ryan card.  I remember these were included in some Donruss boxes back in 2001 and I actually have 8 or 9 of these myself.  I didn't have the Nolan and who doesn't need a 1990 Donruss card with a sweet grade of 7.5.




I could have picked out a ton of cards to show, but this first year Dirk Nowitzki Stadium Club caught my eye.  Apparently Dirk was playing 1 on none for this shot.




I told you I had been Shipleyed and McCoyed.  That's a healthy stack of Jordan Shipley and Colt McCoy cards.  My son is going to snatch these up because he likes the Longhorns and he has a small collection of Shipley and McCoy cards.

Dennis, thanks for the great contest and all the cards!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats again on winning! Since I was already shipping a medium flat-rate, I decided to pack as much in it as I could, hence some of the extras. I'm glad your son can use the Texas guys too.

    ReplyDelete