Friday, May 1, 2015

A May Contest To Remember

Admittedly, my blogging has become the definition of sporadic.  I'm loving my new job, but it is a lot of work and I have so little time for cards.

HOWEVER, I have a ton of cards to post and things to say.  Stuff about Josh Hamilton coming back to the Rangers, the Rangers 7-14 start, even the fact that I'm going to be at the game tonight.  IN A SUITE no less.  The new job has its perks.

That is NOT why you stopped by today.  You saw the word "CONTEST" so you want free stuff. Fine, let's get to it.

This is a two part contest.

PART 1

I am about to do my first EVER mass PWE mailing.  I have 50 Forever stamps and 50 envelopes and I'm ready to stuff 'em.  In order to update and add to my address book AND if you want a PWE from me, send your NAME, ADDRESS and FAVORITE TEAM/PLAYERS to playattheplatedude @ yahoo dot com and I'll accommodate you the best I can.  I know some of you are thinking, he knows my address, he knows my favorite player, he knows I want 1952 Topps cards (I don't have any of those to give away).  Just humor me ok? If you'd rather, you can send me your info via twitter DM @patpdude.  If I'm not following you, just ask and I will.

Just so you know, part 1 is NOT required for you to partake in part 2.

PART 2

I have an Ebay gift card to give away.  No strings attached.




You must have an Ebay account to use this card (their rules, not mine).  This card is one of those "add however much you want cards".  I did that.  You have to guess the amount. 

The amount is somewhere between $15.00 and $50.00.  You get up to ONE GUESS per hour to get the exact amount.  This might take a day or three and someone might get really lucky and get the answer right away.  Every so often, I'll drop in a hint of some type.  If you guess more than once per hour, NONE of your guesses for that hour will count.  Don't worry if you can't come back every hour to guess.  Just put a guess whenever you get a chance.  

Someone is going to win.  Why not you?

Thanks again for all the support, the nice emails, the mean emails, the where the hell are you emails, and the great card packages.  You are all outstanding people.  Well, except for one of you and he knows who he is.  :)

EDIT 1: The once per hour guess refers to once during the 9 o'clock hour, once during the 10 o'clock hour, etc.  Thanks for the question!

223 comments:

  1. $44. Will Clark's # times 2. Ew, I feel dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rules question.. does "once per hour mean" guesses have to be 60+ minutes apart, or can you guess at 9:59, and then guess again at 10:01?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in the 9 and the 10 and the 11 o'clock hours. Not every 60 minutes. Good question.

      Delete
  3. 21.12 - A celebration of Rush!

    https://youtu.be/F9J3myskBsE

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh - I was going to guess $34.00 . . . I'll say $34.34

    ReplyDelete
  5. $19.95

    Super jealous you're going to be in a suite. What is the best food item in the stadium in Arlington?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...but I'll be eating for free tonight!

      Delete
    2. Was there last year. That have these criss cut fries layered in meat and onions. To die for

      Delete
  6. Thirty-twooooooooooooooooooooooooo dollars. Have a good time, I'm slaving tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. $25.64

    https://youtu.be/-daSUCz-IFo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody's picked Jackie's number? $42.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 25.26

    Also - for JediJeff - I should have included this in my previous guess

    https://youtu.be/izQB2-Kmiic

    ReplyDelete
  10. First clue...there are no zeroes after the decimal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Man! Didn't see the clue until after I posted, guess I'll have to wait an hour.

      Delete
  12. $33.77

    https://youtu.be/BgVfjXA_QY0

    ReplyDelete
  13. $19.84

    https://youtu.be/rZZtcrXrog4

    ReplyDelete
  14. $27.54

    I believe I'm elgible this hour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. $19.41

    https://youtu.be/jJZ5x-zUx28

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, ha, no chance of being sure I'm not guessing something that's been guessed already:

    $39.99

    ReplyDelete
  17. $18.12

    https://youtu.be/VbxgYlcNxE8

    (I'm running out of songs, dammit)

    ReplyDelete
  18. $20.20

    https://youtu.be/ZLlLtSG7xe4

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have another clue after I make breakfast in the morning. Good night peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unless...what the hell. The last number is odd.

    ReplyDelete
  22. $19.85

    https://youtu.be/K38xNqZvBJI

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hint time. 3 out of the 4 numbers are odd.

    ReplyDelete
  24. rats. i should have refreshed before my last guess. how was the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great until we left. Up 5-0 and gave up 7 in the 8th to lose 7-5. Normally I never leave early but my wife is having back surgery in a couple of weeks and stayed as long as she could.

      Delete
  25. 19.29

    and please tell adrian beltre to start hitting - he's not going to get to 3000 at this pace!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How about a new hint for the top of the hour? It's more than $31 and less than $36.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did someone say clue? The third digit is the even number.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Replies
    1. dang, I should have looked at ALL the clues.

      Delete
  29. I've thought about this fantastic contest all day. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Would the correct price be $31.87?

    ReplyDelete