Friday, August 5, 2016

I'm back...with a contest

Guess who is still alive and kickin’?  That’s right.  It’s me.

I’m a big fan of the Olympics.  I love Team USA and currently, I’m spending more time and energy on that than baseball to be honest with you.  Not that those of you who even remember me haven’t realized I’m barely around.  I have a number of PWE’s that I need to send out, the top two on the stack being to GCRL and Night Owl. 

That’s not why we are here.  We are here for a contest.  An Olympic contest.




I literally just got back from Target where I went to buy a blaster of 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Team Hopefuls.  As I was standing there, eyeballing the three blasters they had, something struck me.  No, I don’t have the Zika virus.  What struck me was 1) I haven’t posted anything on the blog in a long time and 2) I could buy all three blasters and have a contest.  Brilliant, right?  I know, I know. 

Here’s the deal.  This contest has two parts. 



First, I numbered the three blasters.  All you have to do is tell me which blaster will have the highest medal count for the 2016 Summer Games, both regular and paralympic.  Mind you, some of these people didn’t make the team.  That’s why they call it Team Hopefuls.

Second, pick a total number of medals for your blaster. 

It’s that easy.

Everyone who picks the correct blaster will be entered into a randomizer where the top 3 people will get a Gold, Silver and Bronze size package from me.  I haven’t traded in a while so I have some goodies to throw in. 

If anyone gets the total number of medals for their blaster correct, they will get the $20 blaster of their choice as a prize.  If more than one person does this, I’ll randomize the blaster, but reward the other person or persons something. 

So your guess will look something like this:

Blaster 3, 42 medals. 

Make sense.  Thanks and good luck.

By the way, if you feel like plugging this contest, I will allow you to have 2 additional guesses at the number of medals for your chosen blaster. 

GUESSES MUST BE IN BY MONDAY MORNING!  Then I'll start showing the packs.  


Good luck!

23 comments:

  1. Nice contest, I haven't seen these on shelves around me.

    My pick is Blaster 3 with 34 medals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun contest, I will say Blaster 2 with 22 medals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome contest idea! I pick blaster 1 with 30 medals. Enjoy the games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll say blaster 3 with 37 medals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plugged: http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2016/08/let-games-begin.html

    Blaster 1: 18, 24, and 28 medals

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blaster 3, 30, 35, and 40 medals

    Promoted here for my bonus guesses: http://tenetsofwilson.blogspot.com/2016/08/another-contest-this-time-at-play-at.html

    Thanks for the contest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blaster 1 with 22 metals. Welcome back and thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Contest is now closed to new entries.

    ReplyDelete