Friday, October 3, 2014

The playoff blues

The Rangers spoiled me.  World Series visits in 2010 AND 2011 can do that to a guy.  Still being very good in 2012 and 2013 can do that to a guy.

Totally sucking in 2014...well, that's a whole new (old) ballgame.  It kind of reminds me of the majority of my years as a Rangers fan with the exception that I didn't go into most of those early seasons with any realistic hope of a World Series appearance.

You may be thinking to yourself, "This Play at the Plate blog hit my blogroll and it sounds familiar, but I'm not quite sure."  Well, it's me.  I haven't posted since September 17th.  It's the same old excuse.  My new job.  It's taken over my life in a good way and included 4 days in Atlanta last week for a conference.  I'm going to try to regroup over the weekend and get some packages ready to mail next week.  My hope is to start posting on a regular (read daily) basis next Monday.

For now, I'll leave you with my hope for the Rangers' 2015 season.



That's a 2014 Bowman Derek Holland printing plate.  I think they call it magenta.



Derek came back at the end of the season and pitched like a man possessed...by Clayton Kershaw.  I hope that means good things are on the horizon for next year.

As for this year's playoffs...I say go Royals and Dodgers.  I'll choose between them if they both make it.

2 comments:

  1. It will be nice to read your new posts. At least it is having a job that keeps you from posting, and not being without one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to like Derek Holland.. but his mustache-like thing.. ick.

    But yeah, post more. and send me cards. Remember I Kruetered you?!

    ReplyDelete