Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Are you kidding me?





I'm working another double shift.  It is work, but we have 4 televisions we use to monitor major news stations like CNN, Fox News, etc.

Someone "accidentally" hit the remote and it ended up on the Mariners-Rangers game.  I looked at the score.  I calmly took my glasses off, cleaned them, and looked at the score again.  Not wanting to panic, I took my glasses off again, wiped my eyes, and looked at the score once more. Maintaining my composure, I got up to get a closer look at the television.  I sat back down at my computer, opened up Google Chrome and went to look at the box score.

Sure enough, it was the 5th inning and the M's were up 17-0.  That's not a typo, 17 runs.

Holy cow.  We, and yes, I'm including myself with the team because it's MY team, sweep the Blue Jays and now we're getting run-ruled by the Mariners!!  Unacceptable.

Excuse me while I go to the clubhouse to turn over some post-game food tables.

9 comments:

  1. Don't worry we've already given you 7 runs back. The way the Rangers score they could easy still come back to win this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21-8 Final? What, did the Rangers go for 2 after their only touchdown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just hoping they got it out of their systems before the trip to Anaheim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know.....I don't feel so bad about the score. My girls minors softball team lost tonight 22-8. We are so bad this year we make the Bad News Bears look like world champions! I lost all my pitchers to call ups and we have 6 rookie ball players on the team. Last game we lost 26-6. I never knew that our team hats tasted so good after chewing on them for so long. I tr to be a good coach and be positive with them but I think it's time to put the HGH/steroids in the "Flintsones Chewables".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kahuna, I can sympathize with you. My son's Little League team is having a rough go of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma for roughing up my Jays

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an Angels fan this did not upset me! lol should be a fun second half now that the Angels are playing a lil better hopefully we catch by the end of August and battle all September for the divison!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Rangers fan, it was hard to see that. I am also, however, a fan of offense. It hurts worse that it is from the M's, but that is ok. They will likely put the hurting back on them.

    Remember when the Rangers ran the table a few years back on the O's, racking up a 30-3 win? Yeah ... that was pretty insane.

    ReplyDelete