Friday, July 19, 2013

Cards growing on money trees

I don't normally buy cards at the Dollar Tree in my area.  Those little junior dollar packs are more pawed over than the packsearched cards at Target and Walmart.  However, I usually do glance at the rows of gravity feeders to see what they have in stock. 

I was surprised to see a half full box of little 6 card repacks.  Not exactly a bargain for a buck, but some of them showed color on the front.  Now, call me a packsearcher if you must (them's fighting words though), but these packs were clear poly-packs and I did pick out 4 that looked interesting. 



As you may or may not be able to see, the four packs show 2012 Topps cards on the front.  There are three gold parallels (Steve Cishek, Adian Beltre and Clay Rapada) and one blue parallel (Josh Hamilton).  I wanted the Rangers for myself and was hoping to pull some serial numbered insanity cards for Robert over at $30 a Week Habit

Without too much fanfare, I'll show off the packs in order of interest.  Except the first pack. 

The first pack had the Clay Rapada gold, #279/2012 and 5 no-name base cards from 2012.  Still, the pack isn't a total loss because Robert needs #279 and this will be in his next package.

Pack #2 was better. 



It had two golds, two blues, a sparkly and a repeat base card from the first pack.  Robert doesn't need either of the numbered gold parallels, but I was happy to get such a variety of color. 




Pack three was another surprise.  It had three inserts, a Lance Berkman sparkly and of course the Josh Hamilton blue parallel that was on the front.  Let's not forget the Glen Perkins base.  Or, maybe we should. 




The last pack was the best.  It had an Adrian Beltre gold, a Freddie Freeman gold,  a Lou Gehrig 1987 mini, a Joe Nathan sparkly, and two blue parallels.  Not too shabby for a buck. 

I guess all that really comes to mind is "I'd buy that for a dollar". 

Kudos if you get the reference. 


6 comments:

  1. I guess it comes down to whether or not you think the cards contained are worth 17 cents a piece. Nice Sparkly Lindstrom, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside of the first pack I think you found a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd be happy with those! Nice pulls for a buck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds! Glad you were able to walk away with some Rangers for your PC. I've gotta see if they have these over at my local Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the Dollar Tree on my lunchbreak yesterday after reading your post to see if they had any. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post! Please check out my new blog at

    http://yankeesfanmusings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete