Thursday, July 18, 2013

Giving away all my 2013 base cards

Hold on, don't get too excited.  This isn't a contest and I didn't suddenlty turn into Crackin' Wax

My youngest son, age 11, came up to me the other day and said he wanted to start collecting baseball cards.  Ten minutes later, I regained consciousness and asked what brought about this change of heart.  You see, this son is the one who takes a book to the Rangers games and has never shown any interest in baseball. 

I don't know how long it will last, but I told him I'd give his collection a headstart by giving him all my base cards from this year.  Right now he is primarily interested in whole sets so we are getting things organized and I'll post wantlists for him next week.  I'm the most disorganized person I know so this will be fun. 

Speaking of organizing, I've been sorting cards into KEEP/TRADE boxes.  I've got about a dozen trade packages ready to be shipped when I can get to the post office.  I really need to get these out because I've promised some cards to some and owe others for packages already received. 

Like The Diamond King who sent over a great package including these three beauties. 




I didn't buy any of the Target Heritage blister packs that had the black parallels so it's nice to finally have one via blogger mail. 




The Diamond King included another first for me with this 2013 Heritage Purple Matt Harrison.  I don't know about purple as a color on cards, but I'm a sucker for parallels so I'm happy to have it. 



Three cards, three firsts.  Well, I did pull a blue framed card from GQ this year, but it was a Marlin so this is my first Ranger.  It's Derek Holland with his goofy mustache.  I'm not missing that monstrosity this season. 

Thanks for the cards DK and look for some new wantlists coming next week!

4 comments:

  1. congrats! set collecting is how I entered this hobby. Maybe he'll stay up late reading the backs of his cards like I did... maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need any series 1 I have about 600 extras, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully that will be a start of a lot of great times together !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I sent an e-mail to you a few weeks back in response to a comment you left over at The Phillies Room about the GQ Ruf auto card. Please send me an e-mail if you're still interested in a trade for that card.

    Thanks!
    Jim
    Ringo73 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete