Monday, July 28, 2014

Can we get to 400 this season?

I've been on vacation for the last week, but it wasn't wasted.  I finally found the mythical Kangaroo Court.


It's located on the famous San Antonio Riverwalk.  The Texas Rangers have been stinkin' up the A.L. lately so I propose they drag them all in there for a trial.  If I was the judge, I'd force them all to sign autographs with the opposite hand for the rest of the season.  Seems fair to me.

After losing 2 of 3 to Oakland over the weekend, the Rangers sit at 41-64.  That's puts them 24.5 games behind Oakland and gives them a nice winning percentage of .390.  In last night's game, Adrian Beltre hit the 391st home run of his career.

I'm just curious if the Rangers or Adrian can get to 400 before the end of the season.  I'd be happy to see either one at this point.


3 comments:

  1. When I saw the headline I wasn't sure if you were talking about .400 winning percentage or the number of different players that the Rangers were going to send out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Adrian Beltre. He is going to be an interesting hall of fame candidate once his career is over. His career numbers at 3rd base matchup pretty well with some of the all time greats. Plus he still putting up great numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention that Beltre has had some very good seasons with his glove too. The only issue is how little love Cooperstown gives to third basemen.

      Delete