Friday, October 5, 2012

21 Days

It's been 21 days since my last post about baseball or baseball cards.  A lot can happen in 21 days.

The Rangers blew a 5 game lead with 9 games to go and the A's won the A.L. West.  While I was disappointed, I have to admit I haven't watched or listened to a game in almost a month.  I haven't watched a single football game either. 

Miguel Cabrera won baseball's first Triple Crown in 45 years. 

The news of the great relic card scandal broke.  Was anyone really surprised?

Chris Stufflestreet, the amazing vintage card blogger and one of the truly good guys in this hobby, passed away.  Chris and I completed several trades and I always, and I mean always, came out with the better end of the deal.  You'll be greatly missed Chris. 

October 1st was the 3rd anniversary of this here blog.  I almost didn't make it, but here I am. 

During my 21 day hiatus, most of you kept blogging as usual.  Box breaks were held, trades were posted and much was written about the cards that keep us all connected to our youth.  I read along as much as I could muster the energy to do so and I might have even left a comment or two. 

Some of you sent me emails of encouragement, some of you sent packages with notes along the same lines and a couple of you even wished me well in your blog posts.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the emails, notes, cards and prayers. 

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about what happened to cause my sudden disappearance.  It was a combination of things that led to such anxiety that I simply couldn't sleep.  I was sleeping 15-20 hours a week and not good sleep at that.  I almost couldn't function to do my day to day stuff and cards and blogging about cards definitely wasn't on my priority list.  I'm doing better now, although I'm not all the way back, but I'm ready to dip my toe back in the blog pool. 

Thanks again for your well wishes and I look forward to getting back at the keyboard again. 


12 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Glad you're making it okay. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy, my friend. We're glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The important thing is to stay well. Glad to hear things are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be reading...glad to have you and your toes back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay well and good wishes. Glad your back, but there are certainly far more important things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oof, I've been there man. Insomnia sucks hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything works out for you. I know how it is to be stressed about stuff. I don't know any good advice to give. I wish I did though.

    ReplyDelete