Thursday, October 18, 2012

I've never been a big fan of fried chicken





Of course, it's not fried chicken that's a problem for me.  In the wake of my doctor revealing I'm pre-
diabetic, I've been trying to eat better.  Trying is the operative word.  I have another month before I go back to get re-checked so I'm hoping so make a serious dent in the weight loss by then.  Until then, I'll just try a steady diet of Rangers cards.  They're all the fun with half the fat.  Or something like that. 





This is a steady diet of cards I received as a part of the last box break held by Kyle over at Just a Bit Outside.  Kyle did a self-examination and opted to give up the hobby in favor of spending more time with his family and I can understand his decision.  I wish him all the best.  I certainly appreciate his final effort in the blogging community and thank him for all the great cards he sent me. 




I think I'll peel this film and I can use this Leaf Steel card to repair something in my house. 




Hey, it's Rusty Greer.  He's one of my favorites.




A little die-cut action, circa 2012 Bowman Platinum. 




Ranger.  Check.  Mini.  Check.  Black Border.  Check.  Rangers in the World Series for a third consecutive year...yea, um no. 






I got a whole stack of these B.A.T. cards.  Very cool, yet a pain to store. 




Nolan Ryan may have been the "No Hit King", but the 2012 Playoff Yankees are the "No Hitting Kings".  I love it.  




The biggest surprise of the package was this cool 1935 Film Partners Evelyn Brent/Randolph Scott mini.  I love these old cards, baseball related or not. 




This one highlights the movie "Home on the Range".  I've never seen it, but I can still appreciate a little vintage cardboard work of art. 

Kyle, thanks for the cards and good luck with your new cardboard free life. 

Now, where was that celery stick? 

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, cool night card with that Ryan.

    I've been practically living on celery for 7 months now. It's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging those Pudges. Too bad about the fried chicken, but there's not much to miss there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those B.A.T. cards! Pain to store, but a pleasure to look at.

    ReplyDelete