Monday, October 8, 2012

Die Cut Your Losses


As the Rangers late season collapse reached it's conclusion on Friday, I reflected on the last two World Series and what missed opportunities they represent.  It doesn't matter if you lead your division most of the season if you don't lead your division on the last day.  It doesn't matter if you win your division or your league.  It only matters if you win the World Series.  Nothing else in baseball really matters. 

Every season is a lost opportunity for every team except one.  Sure, individual stats add up to barely there, average or Hall of Fame careers, but right now, sitting in downtown Dallas at 3:48 in the morning, individual stats are far from the top of my priority list. 

My only concern regarding the Rangers is how they get back to the World Series and win the thing.  Despite what some local knuckleheads are saying, I think they need Josh Hamilton back. 




You simply can't replace the numbers he can put up, even if he did have stretches where he looked disinterested.  I don't think those stretches happen if he's under contract. 




The Rangers need more production out of Nelson Cruz and despite his cannon of an arm, a little better play out in right field. 




Ian Kinsler has to bounce back from a below par season and for the love of all that is holy, someone tell him to pay attention when he's on base.  You cannot, and I mean CANNOT, get picked off third when Josh Hamilton is batting with only one out. 

I will say this, as much as I wish the Rangers were still alive, I didn't spend one single second stressing about baseball this weekend.  It was a great weekend.  The 2012 Chrome die cuts above and the nice refractors below were part from two lots I bought off Blowout back before my "little break". 




Blue refractors look amazing when the player in question has on Ranger blue. 




Adrian Beltre looks a little unhappy that the season is over.  Don't worry Adrian, Spring Training will be here before you know it. 



Mike Napoli didn't show up big this season like he did last year, but you can't have a career year every year.  I like gold refractors, especially when they are numbered to 50. 

Just a little housekeeping, I haven't forgotten the three winners from last month's contest.  I apologize for the delay, but I do have your prizes and I'll be getting those out this week.  I may even manage an October contest before too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment