Tuesday, October 30, 2012

When all you have to say is thanks


The great thing about blogging is the distraction it can provide from your every day life.  I don't mean being distracted from your family because that can be a problem, but just daily stress, work, you know the drill.  The thing is, sometimes you have so much "real" life going on, there aren't enough hours in the day to deal with it all and still have the luxury of distractions. 

That's been my life lately.  I'm still reading blogs and trying to do a post here and there, but I find I'm not able to post daily or twice daily like I was doing before.  It's not that I don't want to, but I'm having a hard time coming up with material or witty banter...ok, my previous banter was sometimes witty to me, if not the reader.  Thankfully I'm still getting packages to post about.  Although I've been a bad boy and not mailed out the pic that I promised him yet, I received a package from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders

I was so blown away by the package, I only picked 4 cards to scan.  I'll get the ugly Giant out of the way first. 




Of course, this 2002 Topps Archives Reserve Will Clark is anything but ugly.  That thing is so shiny it puts any chrome card to shame. 




How about a sweet on card Rusty Greer auto.  Those 1996 Fleer cards aren't glossy so they take to a Sharpie like the hot takes to Kate Upton.  Or Erin Andrews. 




U.G.L.Y, your mama says you're UGLY!  That 2005 Donruss Prime Patches Michael Young is the best looking ugly card I've seen in quite a while.  The design is awful, but it has two bat pieces and two different colored jersey pieces.  I know all the relic pieces might be from a piece of lawn furniture in the smoking area of the old Donruss headquarters, but hey, it's still mine! 



Allow me to introduce you to the sweet swing and even sweeter sig of one Mr. Will Clark.  Dennis shocked me with the inclusion of this 1998 Donruss Signature Series auto.  If I ever get around to ranking my favorite cards, I'm sure this one will be in the top 10.  Dennis, thanks for the great cards and your patience!


7 comments:

  1. You're not the only one that is having a hard time finding things to post about. Nice Will Clark auto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys, i dont know if you noticed, but during the WS, i wasn't running out of things to write about over at ATBATT.

    i was trying to put down some interesting WS posts, so if you didn't see them, and you have the time, stop by and do some reading. thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked most of the stuff, and sorry you think the Young is ugly! No rush on the Larkin auto--it's not like you knew I was gonna be sending that stuff anytime soon anyway. Thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be so hard on yourself. I haven't even started a blog and I've already run out of things to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Will the Thrill is very nice - I must agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those Clarks! Especially the 1989 refractor one.

    ReplyDelete