Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wednesday Morning at the Moreland House

It's Wednesday, November 21, 2013.

Mitch Moreland rolls into the kitchen about 11 AM after playing Battlefield 4 most of the night on his Xbox.

Moreland, shielding his eyes from the glare of the bright Alabama sun, asks his son to poor him a bowl of Fruit Loops.

"Dad, we're out of milk."

"Son, you know I like Coors with my cereal."

"Dad, we're out of Coors too.  Don't you remember last night at all?"

"I remember blowin' stuff up and shootin' bad guys.  Just give me a pop-tart then."

"Dad, do you remember anything about last night?  You told me to load the Pop-Tarts in the pitching machine and you were hitting them out of the yard."

Blank stare.

"Fine", says Moreland as he opens the refrigerator door.  He takes out  a 4 pound tube of un-sliced bologna and cuts off a chunk with the Bowie knife tucked in his Texas Rangers underoos.

"Umm dad, I have some news.  The Rangers traded your old pal Ian Kinsler."

"What?  Traded Kins?  To who...for who?"

"They traded him to Detroit for Prince Fielder.  Doesn't Fielder play 1st base just like you dad?"

"Oh crap.  Let's head to town.  I'm going to be needing a whole lot more beer."



The conversation above is all speculation on my part.  


Mitch Moreland is the Ranger who will be most affected by the acquisition of Prince Fielder.  Jon Daniels said earlier this month that several teams had expressed an interest in Moreland so it's a possibility that Mitch will gone soon as well.  I like Mitch.  He seems like a solid guy, but I don't know what they'll do with him. Since 2010, he's played 380 games at first and 45 games in right field, but only 4 of those in the last two seasons.

The Gypsy Queen Jumbo Relic #16/25 set me back $7.50 on Ebay.  I didn't really need it, but I bought it from a guy who combined shipping and I had a good chunk of change sitting in my Paypal account.

What does the future hold for Mitch Moreland?  Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. That relic is huuuge...

    I need to find a team I can really get behind so I can find awesome cards like that for cheap (if that was a Griffey it would cost a fortune). I like underdogs. Maybe the Astros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice relic!
    You know he went to the same college as Will Clark, right?

    ReplyDelete