Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This card must be worth $21,080

Let me start by apologizing once again for the vertical horizontal card scan. I still don't know why blogger is doing this to me. Someone suggested it might be due to the post space being narrow, but I don't know if that's it. I just know it's annoying, but I had to show off these two cards.

The same Topps Value Box that gave up the Diamond Giveaway code that unlocked the Dan Haren Die-Cut card also plopped these cards into my hot little hand.

First up, out of the second pack of Heritage, I pulled this green tinted variation of one of the Babe Ruth Special cards.



Some people have said these are hard to spot, but I can say it was very obvious on this one. These fall 1:108 Hobby packs so it wasn't a bad start. It is for trade if anyone is interested. If there are any Ranger green variations, I'd like one of those, but I might be persuaded otherwise.

The shock of the pack was my best pull this year. At least odds wise. The last of the five Topps packs in the Value Whamadamadingdong contained this card.




It's a 60th Anniversary Relic Reprint Ernie Banks non-specific Game Used Relic card #52/60. According to the pack, these fall at a rate of 1:6500 packs.

The way I figure it, this card must be worth $21,080!!! I'm rich!! I'm figuring 1:6500 packs means 1:1300 Value Boxes. At $14.98 plus tax, that equals $21,080 give or take a few pennies. Show me the money!!!!!

Of course, I did a quick search on Ebay and found one for a BIN price of $75. I found a completed auction where one sold for around $23. So, I guess I'm not rich. Still, it's a nice hit and probably the best I'll have all year.

I'm going to hold on to this one for awhile, unless a certain someone who pulled a Nelson Cruz relic/auto from Gypsy Queen is interested in it. I haven't emailed him yet.

4 comments:

  1. That's happened to me before. Try going to your Picasa web albums and rotate the pics there, then see if they show up horizontally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. You have a new follower. Thanks for checking out the break on my page. (Thecardboarddugout)All of my Gypsy Rangers are yours if you still want em. Come back at me with an offer and we'll work something out!
    Thanks
    (YanksandBeans)
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I wouldn't give to have something good enough to offer for that bad mamma-jamma, but alas, no Rangers here that can match up to that... :(

    Still though, we must trade again sometime soon. I do have an '09 Upper Deck Hamilton jersey and '09 or '10 Kinsler topps silk card that are all yours if you want 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hit on the Ernie Banks Brian! I've bought a bunch of those value boxes and been skunked some I'm glad at least one blogger has something to show for them. Rubber match tonight--Texas and Seattle! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete