Friday, March 14, 2014

My fling with Heritage and a weekend contest



I found an aisle full of Heritage today. I love the design, but not so much the hijinks Topps will issue with the set.

I did buy one rack pack because I love opening cards, but I'm in Judson's 1/2 case break over at My Cardboard Habit so I don't want to buy anymore.

My first two cards were Jayson Werth and Prince Fielder in a Rangers uni.

Big whoop.

I came back from our little vacation on Wednesday and mailed out some packages. Hopefully they've started arriving.

On to the contest. I have another hobby that I've never mentioned (that I can recall) on this blog. I have mentioned my dalliance with coin collecting, but that's not it.

The contest is to guess what the other hobby is and you can guess once each day starting today through Sunday. If you pimp the contest, link to it here and you can have two guesses per day. Everyone that guesses correctly will be entered into a randomizer for a rack pack of 2014 Heritage. If only one person guesses correctly, they will get 2 rack packs. If no one guesses correctly, everyone who tried will be randomized for the 1 rack pack.

Good luck!

55 comments:

  1. Well since coin collecting and baseball card collecting are two hobbies that we share, I will try and see if we share a third.

    I'll guess woodworking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...my half-case is of Gypsy Queen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it's noodling. Pulling those slimy catfish out of holes in White Rock Lake! OK, you can send the prizes to the second place winner because I just a few minutes ago opened a manila envelope from you and a big ol' cache of cards came out. Woohoo. Now I have something to do while I fight this bug I've got.

    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. model ship building. maybe subs in a bottle....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing it's stamp collecting

    ReplyDelete
  6. You probably collect stamps. Maybe not.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with rodeo clowning. No?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got a nice stack of cards from you. Thanks , You collect vintage 45's

    ReplyDelete
  9. old school video games.. like NES?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to go with Archery.... (at least it's better than tiddlywinks!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. and for my second guess (unless you accepted tiddlywinks...) I'll say collecting military figures...
    http://dawgbonesaphilliesphan.blogspot.com/2014/03/unrelated-hobby-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being as it is that you are a Texan, I am going with hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You collect beer bottle caps. If not, you should. It's a good excuse to crack open another.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Plane spotting. Cause that's a hobby of mine that I haven't mentioned on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll also go with woodworking for my third guess and R/C cars for a fourth...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Promoted:
    http://angelsinorder.blogspot.com/2014/03/guess-patps-other-hobby-and-win-rack.html

    Todays 2 guesses:
    diecast cars
    action figures

    ReplyDelete
  17. Day 2 and the sun is out, I'll go with fishing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Because no one has said it yet...taxidermy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Today's guesses: How about building models (like model railroads) or trying to be a chef?

    ReplyDelete
  20. You collect belt buckles... or...
    Skydiving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. model ships... and militaria are my final guesses...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Contest over...thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Damn it I just got home from the hospital with junior. I'm still guessing. It's elongated pennies. You can't resist elongated pennies. Well I know I can't.

    ReplyDelete