Wednesday, February 5, 2014

You'll always be The Ballpark in Arlington to me

The Texas Rangers just announced a naming rights deal that means The Ballpark in Arlington will now be called Globe Life Ballpark in Arlington.

Meh.

I won't stand for it.  Oh, the announcers will have to call it that and it'll be plastered all over everything, but I refuse to follow along.  The rumored $10 million/year will help sign players I suppose, but I'll never, ever call it Globe Life Ballpark again.




It will always be The Ballpark in Arlington to me.  Just like it was on opening day in 1994.


3 comments:

  1. There are few things in sports I hate as much as the money grab of stadium naming rights. But it's even worse when the sponsor has an incredibly wordy name that ends up sounding stupid as a stadium name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more.
    I saw a couple games there at the Ballpark and took the tour.
    Nice place you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it too. Not as much as "Ameriquest Field in Arlington," but I still hate it. Forever the Ballpark in Arlington.

    ReplyDelete