Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cool Jr. Bipping

Some time back, I asked about a 2011 Bowman Nelson Cruz gold parallel that Ryan at This Card is Cool posted. That led to a trade that Ryan posted about here.




I love the way Ryan packed the cards. The card on the end of the stack was a 1996 SP Dean Palmer. I didn't understand the writing on the bag until I opened it. There was a Bip Jr. as Ryan put it because he sent me not 1, not 2, not even 3 or 4, but 5 of the '96 SP Palmers. I then noticed that the outside of the bag had "1960s Topps Pose" and a thought bubble that said "One day I'll coach high school baseball." That's funny stuff and makes for a more interesting trade package.






While Ryan and I discussed the deal, I discovered he had a stack of those pesky 2011 Topps Diamond Parallels. I'm not obsessing over the set, but I'd love to complete it eventually so we upped the ante and included 14 of those too.





I'm not even going to show you the Nelson Cruz, that got the deal started because this 2010 Finest Josh Hamilton is to nice. I never busted any of this and any time I can add another Ranger from Finest is alright by me.

Ryan, thanks for a great trade!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed! Those SP cards make for great package padding.

    ReplyDelete