Monday, August 29, 2011

Dream Weaver...more like a nightmare

The LAAAAAA Angels left Texas last night 3 games out of first. They came to town on Friday only 2 games back and Mike Scioscia shuffled his rotation so Ervin Santana and Jered Weaver could pitch in the series. Of course, that meant that Santana and Weaver would be pitching on 3 days rest, something they had never done before.

It worked out ok for Santana on Saturday. He gave up 4 runs in 7 innings and got the win. It didn’t work out so well for Weaver. He pitched 6 innings and gave up 7 runs, including 2 homers, and took the loss. As you might imagine, I was pretty happy with the result. I wasn’t as happy to see Weaver pop up as the mini relic in my latest, and last, Lineage Blaster.




I also managed to pull one of these "experimental LINEAGRAPH" cards.



It's kind of hard to tell, but I think it's Mark Teixeira.



I saw someone pull a 1/1 Pujols, so I thought that's what I had until I looked at the back. This one is #85/99. I guess that's not too bad for a retail blaster.

Has anyone else pulled any of these?



2 comments:

  1. Nice pull! I haven't seen any of those yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hate the Weaver relic bad enough I'll trade you for it.

    And I knew the 3 days rest thing would backfire on them.

    ReplyDelete