Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Making my son's day

How do you make the day of an 11 year old boy who is counting every second until Christmas break?

Do you let him open a Christmas present early?




No, you do not.

Do you get him that Iphone he's been begging for the last 2 months?





Absolutely not.

I'll tell you what you do. You send him to the mailbox, that's what you do. Because maybe, just maybe, he'll come back with an envelope with his own handwriting on it and it will have something like this inside.





He sent three cards to Josh Hamilton in late May and he got all three back. Only one was signed, but he was so excited. It made a rather gloomy day so much better.

Thanks Josh. You sure made his day.

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Your son did a good job of card selection... that black autograph looks sweet on the A&G card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Perfect card to sign, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great return! It's good to see star players that take the time to sign autographs TTM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll finally send a TTM to Hamilton this coming Spring. I'm glad he made your sons day as well, it's nice to see big time guys making time for fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beats the heck out of an i phone.That is a lovely looking auto,congrats PATP jr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing these roll in during the off-season. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait until you see my post tomorrow.
    My Josh auto came in the mail the day before your sons. I am equally as excited!

    ReplyDelete