Friday, September 30, 2011

A Cursed Sandlot

I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking this is going to be a post about the collapse of the Atlanta Braves and the Boston Red Sox.

You're wrong. I'm not going to subject Braves or BoSox fans to any more of that business...assuming they're even reading blogs today. No, today you're getting a pre-game double dip trade post.

First up is a trio of cards from Matt over at Card Anathema. I had to look anathema up and one definition is a ban or curse...thus the header comment Matt put up on his blog that says "Just another guy cursed with chasing cards." I know that feeling.





Matt wanted some of the Venezuelan parallels I pulled from my Lineage blasters and I happily sent them over. (Matt, I have another one or two if you want them.) He sent over an assortment of cards including the unopened three pack of orange refractors from a "Value Pack" of 2011 Chrome. The middle card in the pack was this shiny Ian Kinsler. I jokingly asked Matt if he packsearched that just for me, but I know he didn't. It was just sheer luck, but I should probably get Matt to pick some cards out for me!





This 1994 Finest Ivan Rodriguez is another much appreciated shiny card. I don't know what it is, but I can't get enough shiny cards.




There were other cards in the package, but I'll end on this high note. This is a very nice 1972 Topps Dick Bosman. The centering is a little off, but the corners and edges on this card are nearly perfect. If I didn't know better, I'd swear Matt was busting '72 packs the day he mailed my package.

Next up in this double dip is another trio of cards, this time from Joe over at The Sandlot. Joe saw my Senators wantlist and said he had a couple of Senators and some Rangers for me. I responded by reminding him that he had expressed an interest in a Mike Pelfrey I posted about here. Suddenly, a trade was born.





Continuing with the shiny, shiny, vintage order of this post, I'll start off with this 2007 Chrome Hank Blalock. I had hopes that Hank would be able to re-start his career in Tampa last year, but it wasn't to be and that makes me sad.





How about that beauty? A 1998 Finest Will Clark, complete with protective coating still intact! I've never peeled one of these and I won't be starting now.





Joe sent two 1971 Senators. Elliott Maddox was one, and this Del Unser was the other. I would love to have a Senators batting helmet like that one! I need to put in a word to Nolan that the Rangers need to have a retro uniform day next season and give retro Senators batting helmets away to the first 10,000 kids and one 41 year old through the gates.

Matt and Joe, thanks for a great trade! We'll do it again down the road.

2 comments:

  1. Cool cards, lotsa shiny there.

    And don't you hate it when the kids giveaways are something that you want?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when people actually wanted Lineage cards!

    ReplyDelete