Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Opening Day? We've already played two!

I was looking back at some of the posts I put up last year about this time and ran across this post. That is one of my top five posts, at least in my book.

It seems like so long ago when my now 10 year old didn’t care about baseball. His first Little League season was rough as the team only managed one win. However, he came away from the fall season having found his position: catcher. Shocking right? Well, I’m a bit biased towards catchers and was happy to see him settling in behind the plate. He earned the game ball in his very first game as catcher and it wasn’t for his hitting.

Here we are, just two days before MLB Opening Day, and his team has already played two games. The surprising thing is they’ve already doubled their win total from last year and he’s having a great time. The team has outscored the other two teams 21-4. Overall, he’s 1-2 with 2 walks, 2 steals (the Little League variety of course) and 1 run scored. He also tagged out a runner trying to steal home! It was a SWEET play at the plate!

I’m looking forward to the rest of his season with high hopes. Oh yea, and I’m looking forward to that other local team. You know, the defending A.L. Champs…

1 comment:

  1. Nobie's already played a couple of league games, too. We've also been playing tournaments the last couple of weekends, so I feel like we've already played a whole season. In a couple weeks his team is gonna be playing in a wood bat tournament in Greenville. That should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete