Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Care for a drink?

I'm not a drinker, but I could go for a little snifter of Cognac. 




Mmmm, that is smooth. 

One of the things I really respect about catchers is their desire to keep the runner from crossing the plate.  Wearing very little protective equipment and trying to stop a guy the size of Frank Thomas...well, that's a job I don't think I could do.  Sure, I played catcher in Little League, but I was bigger than every other kid and relished the thought of someone trying to run me over. 

As intimidating as the Big Hurt must have been, I can only imagine seeing this guy barreling down on you.




Man, I love a good play at the plate card.  

5 comments:

  1. The Fisk card has to be one of the top 100 baseball photos ever featured on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Cecil Fielder coming at me as a catcher, I also hear a train whistle in the distance, because I know that I am about to be run over.

    Great cards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, two posts in two days. Things are looking up? The Fisk is a classic card and the Thomas, although only a couple years old would be to a younger me. So I'm saying it is to an older me too.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete