Thursday, March 28, 2013

Garage Sale Find: Saving the best for last

Ok, this won't be the final garage sale find post.  I still have some basketball to show off.

Saving the best for last is about the card that most surprised me.

Some of you might remember this post about a great score I made on some 1951 Bowman catchers.  I love those cards because they are so unique when compared to what is mass produced today.  Well, I can add one to the Bowman collection.


 
This time it's a '52 Bowman.  Complete with tape residue on the top and bottom.  This Carl Furillo is in such good shape.  No creases, decent corners and other than the residue, generally perfect in my book.  The shocking thing is that I found it loose in one of the tubs from the garage sale.  Just sitting there all glorious and waiting to be rediscovered.

I hear it more and more around the 'sphere.  People want to spend more time and money adding vintage to their collections. 

With cards like these out there, I can't say that I blame them.  

I am them. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm People and I really, really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a beaut, even with the tape marks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang that is one awesome card. The tape just adds to it's beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to start checking out more garage sales ! Very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day I am going to find one of these mythical garage/yard/abandoned meth lab card boxes...one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. I love my 52 bowman dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tape stains... definitely a card with character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still can't believe that came from a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete