Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Guess who's turning 4 today?

Play at the Plate, that's who!

I'm setting aside my heartache over last nights Rangers' loss to the Rays and celebrating four years of blogging.

I'm sure those of you who have been around since I started are shocked that I'm still here.  I started PATP as a way to thank the people who had traded with me on blind faith.  I think I had around 50 trade packages that needed posting when I started.

Here we are, 4 years later.  I'm a numbers guy so let's look at the numbers.

1804 posts, counting this one.  A couple of them are actually worth reading I think.

Over 9100 comments (many asking me to stop posting such drivel).

Over 156,000 hits.  That's just crazy.  All those numbers are crazy.  I just wanted to be around for a year or so, but it's just so much fun (most of the time).

Countless trades and a good deal of money contributed to the delinquency that is the United States Postal Service.

I've even held a contest or two along the way to repay the kindness shown to me by many in the community.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the blog's 4th birthday than by having a contest.

Here's how to enter.  From this time until I end the contest tomorrow, comment on as many posts as you want to from the past 4 years of PATP.  Every comment is an entry.  My only request is that the comment be a real comment, not just "In" or "In again" or something similar.  Make it relevant to that post.  I'll take all the comments, in the order they were made, and I'll randomly select two numbers.  The comments that correspond with those two randomly selected numbers will each win a value pack of 2013 Topps Chrome and possibly an assortment of their favorite teams cards if I have some.

Thanks for coming along for the ride these last 4 years everyone.  I really do appreciate every one of you who stops by and spends a few seconds of your day with me.

24 comments:

  1. I love that comment:

    "a good deal of money contributed to the delinquency that is the United States Postal Service."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 4 years! Your blog was one of the very first that I followed. I, for one. enjoy reading your "drivel".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian,
    Congrats on 4 years, next year is the big FIVE! Looking forward to whatever madness that brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th and thanks for sticking with it!

    I've got to try one of those contest thingies again some day ... when I buy cards again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Day bud.

    Keep sending me cards.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, great achievement ! Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your four years. You have outlived many and are still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4 years is a great milestone, congrats Brian!! I'm just happy that I've been able to be able to read your drivel...

    Keep em coming, looking forward to post #2000 sometime in the new year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on 4 years of a quality blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one numbers guy to another, congrats on your 4th anniversary.

    For what it's worth, a 4th wedding anniversary gift is supposed me linen or silk based. So, I think you deserve to go out and purchase yourself a nice silk baseball card. Source: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_anniversary)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! on the first four years hopefully the next for are just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on another fine year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on with number 4!! Hope you have a bunch more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn I just realized I'm coming up on my 4th years as well. Well done my friend well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 4 years. Just started reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to go try and find as many Griffey-related posts as I can.....!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A day late, but happy blog birthday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Four years. Next year, you go to kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Here's to another 4 years.

    ReplyDelete