Wednesday, April 1, 2015

You crack me up


Back on Valentine's Day, Julie from A Cracked Bat offered up some beautiful Kelloggs' cards.  I am almost ashamed to admit that I own very few of these wonderful cards.  I vaguely remember them from my youth, but at that age, my two older brothers, devils that they were, would have taken any cereal box prize before I had a chance at it.

I jumped at the chance to get some of these for my collection, but like many a generous blogger, Julie didn't just send the Kellogg's cards.  She threw in a few diamonds and green...wait, wrong brand.




Julie's package was chock full of goodies, but I just pulled out a couple to show off.  Take this 1974 Bill Sudakis for example.  It's awesome vintage showing off the Rangers equally awesome powder blue uniforms and a big Topps Original 2015 Stamp.  This one came from a pack of 2015 Series One cards and although I'm not a big fan of the stamp, if it's a Ranger, I need it.




Next up is a Sweet Swatch from Hank Blalock, better known as "What the hell ever happened to that guy that played third for the Rangers" Blalock.  He doesn't look like he could explain it either.



Last up today is the friendly foursome of Kellogg's cards Julie sent over.  The first and smaller three cards are from 1980 and feature Johhny Bench, Buddy Bell and Fergie Jenkins.  Two HOFers out of three ain't bad.  The big brother on the right is the 1981 Buddy Bell.  He is amazing.  That's a yellow border I can get behind.

Julie, I have a package just sitting here waiting for a trip to the post office.  I'll get that out soon.


2 comments:

  1. Kellogg's are just cool -- but those 1981s, where they were the same size as a regular card, are my favorites. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete