Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reader Howard Strikes Again

Trading with other collectors has been one of the high points of blogging for me. I've initiated quite a few trades and had quite a few offers thrown my way by others. Rare is the unexpected package. I received one from reader Howard a couple of days ago. Howard and I completed one trade not too long ago. These unexpected cards found a good home and will be repaid in kind.
Howard sent a healthy stack o' Rangers, but I scanned my three favorite cards of the bunch. Two of them aren't even Rangers, but a favorite player nonetheless.



I bought a grand total of 3 packs of 2008 Baseball Heroes. They were the last 3 packs in a box at an out of the way shop with three guys cracking stupid jokes and making fun of everyone except themselves. I didn't stay long and didn't get much from my packs. I'm glad to have this Joe Mauer to add to the player collection.



I wasn't buying cards in 2007 and I haven't seen any of these Gypsy Queen inserts. I really like this Joe Mauer and it's always nice to get a card you didn't even know existed.

Sure, this 2008 Topps Michael Young has a boring grey swatch. But now it's all mine and I like it.

Howard, thanks so much for the cards and I'll be on the lookout for some cards for you.

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome. I am going to be starting a new blog in the next few days with my want lists. I love putting sets together.

    I do have a blog if your interested. I occasionally mention baseball cards but it is mostly about my life and me commenting on news stories. It can be found at http://stunningpurple.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete