Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How did he do that?

I know most of you are tired of the Topps Million Card Giveway gimmick. I get it. Really, it makes sense. It was fun at first, but it got old. Maybe when Series 2 arrives, you'll get back into it for a bit.

I'm still trying to trade up as far as my portfolio is concerned. I have 63 cards now and I'm trying to make trades for older cards before I request to have mine shipped.

As you probably know, Topps is holding contests in connection with the MCG. The latest one to end was for 2 boxes of 2009 Tribute and the winner was the person with the most Red Sox cards.

I didn't have quite enough Red Sox to win. As a matter of fact, this is the one and only Red Sox card in my portfolio.


I'm not a Red Sox collector, but I ended up with this one because it fits the vintage catcher profile.

The winner of the contest had 557 Red Sox cards.

557!

How on earth is that possible? I've been questioning my MCG compulsion lately, but my obsession is nothing compared to that guy. I thought I was doing good having 16 Rangers and 11 vintage Senators.

Bring on Series 2!

1 comment:

  1. I have that same card. I am trying to trade it fore some vintage Mets.

    ReplyDelete