Tuesday, February 8, 2011

File this under "You've got to be kidding me."

It's starting to hit the news that this guy...




Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, took it upon himself to give Michael Vick the Key to the City of Dallas on Saturday at a Super Bowl event. Someone, somewhere, tell me this is a bad internet joke please. I think the city of Dallas is getting enough bad press due to the not so Super Bowl, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard since I read the Rangers wanted to trade Michael Young. Ok, I know that was just yesterday, but give me a break.

I won't talk about Vick being a convicted felon. Convicted of heinous acts of cruelty against animals. Oops, I talked about it.

I won't talk about Vick being the quarterback of one of the Dallas Cowboys' biggest rivals. Oops, I did it again.

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert is distancing from the bad press, saying neither he, nor his office, authorized the actions of Caraway.

Say what you want about Vick paying his debt to society and that he's a different guy now. I don't care about all that because it's Philadelphia's problem and has nothing to do with Texas and where I live and work.

At least it didn't, until Caraway decided to drag Dallas into it.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO tired of hearing about Princess Vick's every single frickin move since he was arrested. You're upset cause Dallas got involved? I live in Hampton Roads, and rooted for the Eagles my whole life, until two years ago... and just this morning: http://hamptonroads.com/2011/02/vicks-former-estate-might-go-bad-newz-good-newz. I'm SO over him. I will NEVER forgive him for what he did. (my four pups would dis-own me if I tried) I do believe he's shown true regret, FOR GETTING CAUGHT!
    I am seriously considering writing the other 31 NFL teams during the off-season and see which one bribes me the best to start rooting for them considering it looks as if Philadelphia Football (and apparently at least the Dallas Mayor Pro Tem) thinks he's the new messiah, come forth to save them!!

    ReplyDelete