Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm happy with them today

I just received an email that the Rangers signed Josh Hamilton to a two year deal covering 2011 and 2012.

Josh gets $7.25 million in 2011 and $13.75 million in 2012 with a $3 million bonus. That's a total of $24 million for the two years. If Josh repeats his numbers from last year, that's a major bargain for the Rangers. If he can stay healthy AND put up those kinds of numbers, he's looking at a huge payday after 2012.

Thanks Rangers, for making me happy today. You took my mind of the Michael Young debacle.

Oops, I've been avoiding thinking about Young for the past couple of days. Avoiding it to the point where I haven't read the sports page in the paper (no offense Night Owl!).

Come on Spring Training!

2 comments:

  1. What concerns me about this deal is that Josh will be 31 when the deal expires. Based on recent events I can see the Rangers treating Josh like the Cards are treating Pujols ( not be willing to commit super star money to a super star) but with the same lack of class they've used with MY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could read the sports section in my paper. It's not like we care about the Texas Rangers here.

    ReplyDelete