Friday, May 20, 2011

A little disappointing

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you've seen posts about my mother-in-law. She will occasionally buy me cards on one of her frequent Wal-mart visits. Normally I don't make requests for certain cards, but rather just enjoy her generosity when it strikes. Due to my inability to find any Gypsy Queen, I did ask her to pick up a blaster for me if she saw any. Asking her to find Gypsy Queen is like asking me to pick out a certain player on the Rangers Single A team. Sure, I know they are ballplayers, but I don't know who is who.

Anyway, yesterday morning she showed up with a blaster. Yes! Finally, I was going to get to open my own GQ. Well, I may be the only person that would be disappointed in this, but it wasn't GQ. It was Bowman.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to pull a Bryce Harper and flip it for cash to fund other card collecting pursuits, but I'm just not into the Harpermania. I'm also very appreciative of my mother-in-laws contribution to my collection. I don't take that for granted.

My only real interest in Bowman is to further my Rangers collection. I'll be breaking that blaster open later today (I forgot it at home or it would already be open.) There will be a chance for you, dear reader, to obtain some of those cards. That post will be up around 5:30 this afternoon.

The other disappointing news of the day was that I ran across a packsearcher yesterday. I'm fairly sure it was a collector I know only through the interwebs. I didn't know he was a packsearcher. It's one thing for it to be the creepy old man or dude you know is flipping the crappy (and not so crappy) hits on EBay. It's another thing altogether to think it's someone you've dealt with before.

Check back later for a shot at some unwanted Bowman cards.

5 comments:

  1. Boo packsearchers! I have yet to see one in person and think my Walmart has been largely unaffected as I seem to be one of very few customers who buy cards at all.

    Looking forward to finding out how I might get my hands on some 2011 Bowman O's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you call out the packsearcher? I hope he isn't someone in the blog community. Pack searchers hurt our hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mother-in-law that buys you cards! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno man. I don't like the idea of pack searching, but I can't lie and say I've never done it, or even that I don't still do it (in a way).

    Also, your mother-in-law is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's time for your mother-in-law to find out about the blogosphere. .... there are lots of needy collectors out there.

    ReplyDelete