Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Major Award!

Seriously, a major award!



I managed to get my little paws on two more code cards. I turned them into these two cards.




1975 Buzz Capra





Diamond Cut Clay Buchholz



The Buchholz is currently being offered for a variety of Rangers die cuts. No takers yet.

The best part? I was able to trade the two rings I "dug" for the last two I needed to have all 60.



You may not be able to read the fine print, but it says, "Congratulations on collecting ALL 60 different rings available! You've unlocked all prizes which means that you can no longer trade these 60 rings. But, you can continue to enter codes for cards and dig for other prizes buried in your field." I won't slam Topps for starting a sentence with "but" since I'm in a good mood at the moment.

The Ring still doesn't show up on my prize list so I haven't had the option to "redeem" it. We'll see. I know Topps values the ring at $200, but I'm curious about the collector value since they are supposed to be limited to 60. We'll see.

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Congrats!

    Great line from A Christmas Story as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAYYYYYYUM! All 60? That's crazy man - nicely done. I never even realized you were that close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bad habit of starting sentences with but or so as well. But ( :) ) I had a professor tell me that it was okay in certain situations.

    Congrats on the ring and I am sure that you will be able to get well over $200 on eBay for the thing if you don't want to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats buddy... just don't order a smaller size and surprise the Mrs with it as a second honeymoon present.

    just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! You'll at least have to take a picture of yourself wearing it and holding out your hand as if you were a king waiting for your subjects to kiss it. Could come in handy at contest time.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 60 rings! And that Buchholz is a beaut. I don't have any Rangers but I have another Red Sox that could get you any Ranger you want. (Youkilis)

    Let me know or send an offer through the website. Hopefully if you do, I'll be the one to accept, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.

    Sportscardblog...I offered the Buchholz for the Youk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well crap, looks like I missed it. Oh well :) We tried!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congats man! I am at 45 rings and cant wait to continue on to 60 hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats ! I'm glad to see someone I know win something !

    ReplyDelete