Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Two shockers

The Rangers actually won a game.  I know, right. 

After a 6 game losing streak in which they were a dreadfull 4-34 with runners in scoring position and scored a total of 8 runs, they acted like the team they are and scored 8 to squeak out a win against Oakland.  There's nothing like breaking a losing streak against the team that is just ahead of you for the division lead. 

A major contributor to the win was this guy:



I pulled this 2013 Bowman Nelson Cruz blue parallel from a blaster.  It's #136/500.  He had two homers and a double and drove in 4 runs last night.  I know what you're thinking and I'm thinking it too.  If they prove Cruz is guilty of taking whatever, then throw the book at him and the others.  We'll see. 

The other shocker is that despite my earlier post to the contrary, I've decided I really do like this years Bowman.  I like the white border and the clean look.  Sue me.  Of course, I didn't scan  take any pictures of the base cards.  Here are the "highlights" of the blasters I bought. 




Jeremy Moore blue border (spoken for).




Mitch Nay blue border (spoken for). 




A shiny, mini four pack. 




A refractory Royal. 




An icy Royal. 




An off kilter icy White Sox player. 




An icy gelato...um, Giolito.  




I've got 4 of these cards if anyone wants the codes.



Oh yea, an illegible auto of a Reds prospect, Jeff Gelalich (possibly in a trade).  It's numbered to 500 like the other blue parallels.  These cards are available unless otherwise indicated. 

By the way, if you're the praying type, my grandmother is likely to pass today.  She's 85 and has been in poor health for some time.  I'm just hoping my mother holds up through it all. 

Thanks everyone.  Have a blessed day. 

6 comments:

  1. My wife's grandmother just passed away this year. My mother-in-law, of course, had a very difficult time with it. She's been pulling through, though. It just takes time. Your mom will go through the same and she will pull through, too--in time. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother. My grandfather is 86 and sometimes it's scary to think about how fast time really does fly. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

    If you're looking to complete the Bowman set, perhaps we can help each other out a bit. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that, all the best to you and your family in these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear, I'll be wishing your family the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just shipped you some Rangers... and I think there are a few Bowman parallels in there. More importantly... my thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete