Thursday, February 27, 2014

Now we're Cookin'

Sometimes the words for a post just coming pouring out.  Sometimes they don't.  I don't know if that happens to you, but at 2:48 AM, and it's happening to me.  I'm just going to tell you that Tom from The Angels, In Order sent me a package of cards.  It had Rangers, vintage and a bipping of sorts.  

You can't get much better than that.




I don't know what year this Home Run Challenge Pudge came out.  I don't recall seeing it before.  




This Home Run Challenge Tony Gwynn is not a different card than the Pudge.  It's actually the other side of the Pudge card.  Very nice.




Everyone likes a good Cookie.  Benji Gil wasn't great, but Mother's Cookies cards are always nice to get.




Well, almost always.




Tom "Cooked" me.  It's an all new, heretofore unseen form of Bipping.  Very nice Tom.

Tom sent over some really nice vintage cards as well.  I like vintage and I like military so when you combine the two, well, I want some.




These are 1954 Topp Power For Peace cards.  This is the Jet Jockies Scramble card.




It's nice to know that these guys were protecting us from planes coming to bomb our cities.




This is one of the best ones in my opinion.




On the back it talks about the new pressure suit that helps prevent a man's blood from boiling at altitudes above 63,000 feet.  That's a pleasant thought.

The last '54 was this Weather Station card.  Per my normal course of messing things up lately, I somehow failed to get a scan of the front.  It's a pretty epic picture of a guy releasing a weather balloon.




Tom, thanks so much for the cards. They'll be well taken care of at my house.  

2 comments:

  1. I just now noticed how crooked the background is in those Cook cards. They squared him up to fit in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that Cook card is a Getting a Grip card! If you're looking for a home for one of those babies, you know where to find me...

    ReplyDelete