Monday, February 24, 2014

So long Nelson

Nelson Cruz has finally signed with another team.  It took long enough.  Now maybe he and Chris Davis can be the Baltimore Bash Brothers, Formerly Known as Texas Rangers.

During my Ebay spree I picked up a decent (or should I say indecent) number of Nelson Cruz cards.

Forgive me if I've shown some of these before.  I can't recall which ones I might have posted already.




This is a 2009 Topps Unique Gold Parallel #18/25.  I picked it up cheap in a lot with 3 other Cruz cards.




Here we have a 2012 Topps Chrome Red Refractor and it's #1/25.




This is one of the many colored parallels from 2012 Topps Tribute.  It is #2/5.




I'm not a huge fan of Bowman anything, but I couldn't pass up this 2012 Bowman Platinum Red Refractor auto patch #2/25.  I couldn't pass it up because I have a problem.




Real men wear pink.  I've seen that on T-Shirts at some of the Cancer Awareness 5Ks we've run.  Nelson is wearing a pink refractor from 2013 Bowman Chrome and it's #22/35.




I know I posted this because I bought it after I held a contest to see who could guess the Canary Refractor I pulled.  Night Owl guessed Nelson Cruz and since I DID NOT pull Cruz, I wanted one.  This is #2/10.




I also posted this 2013 Museum Jumbo relic before.  It's #21/50 and I AM a little annoyed by the crease in the card.




I am the person who hates sticker autos.  I'm also the guy who bought a 2013 Topps Tribute Nelson Cruz sticker auto #44/50.  I don't know why, I just did.  I'm sick.

Next up is my version of the Nelson Cruz 2013 Topps Chrome Rainbow.  I won't give much description, but I do have something to say at the end.

I have the base and the purple refractor, but I don't have scans for them.  Go figure.




Refractor



Orange Refractor




XFractor




Blue Refractor #130/199





Black Refractor #80/100




2nd Black Refractor #17/100.  
It's his uniform # and was cheap.  Sucker!





Sepia Refractor #67/75




Gold Refractor #50/50




Red Refractor #14/25




Camo Refractor #12/15




Atomic Refractor #3/10




Pink Refractor #4/5

I haven't seen any of the Cruz printing plates show up yet, but the Superfractor made not one, but two appearances on Ebay.  The first time it sold for $57 I think.  I've never pulled a Superfractor and I've never owned a Superfractor, but I would have bought the Cruz at that price.  Of course, I don't know how high the other guy was willing to go, but I would have done it for $60.  That buyer re-listed the card a week or so later and I was in on the bidding, but it went north of $100 and I was out well before it got that high.  

I've seen two other Rangers Superfractors from 2013 Chrome and the Derek Holland, the one I would most want, sold for a best offer of less than $99 before I saw it and the Mike Olt had been listed at $999.99, but I just checked and someone won it for a best offer price.

I'm sure I'll be picking up more Cruz cards along the way, but it looks like 2013 will be the end of the line (well, there is 2014 Topps possibly) for Cruz and me.  

  


5 comments:

  1. Great looking cards! The rainbow is awesome, even without the Super! I'm still trying to find the pink of Miguel Montero for my son to complete his rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one more sign that baseball is not serious about cleaning anything up (PED's) $8,000,000 (O's) for Nelson and $53,000,000 (Cards) for Peralta and $14,000,000 (Blue Jays) for Melky. It pays to get a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your sickness is as big as mine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm supposed to tell you that Judson from My Cardboard Habit needs that Pink Chrome Refractor more than you do, and that you should send it to him.

    http://cardboardhabit.blogspot.com/2014/03/some-days-are-just-better-than-others.html

    ReplyDelete