Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Here's hoping I'm not the only winner today

Game 3 of the ALCS should be starting any second and I'm hoping the Rangers can shake off yesterday's loss and take a 3-1 lead. I was able to win something recently and in the wacky world of blogging and fandom, I think it would be fitting if the Rangers followed suit.

DGreen from Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid held a contest recently and I was able to guess his favorite Cowboy. It just so happened to be Bill Bates who was one of my favorites as a kid. As a prize, D sent over 51 great Rangers cards. I picked out a threesome to show you.

That sounded wrong, but we'll just move along.





First up is this 2005 Donruss Diamond King Michael Young. I posted one of these recently, but this one has a red/rust colored border around the edge so that's nice.





I really like these Target Topps Throwback cards. This Neftali from 2011 is a nice addition to the collection. I never pull these because I'm rarely at Target to buy cards.





Last, but not least is a card from a set I'm sorry I missed out on. These 2005 Heritage cards pay tribute to the magnificent 1956 set, one of my all-time favorites. This Hank Blalock is the fancy schmancy Chrome Refractor version and is #531/556.




Thanks Kool-Aid man!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, you won something in my tourney, too. However, I haven't "revealed" the winners, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Dang rang delay ruined the timing on my scheduled post.

    ReplyDelete