Friday, February 5, 2010

Chasing Carboard with the Paper Chase

I believe for the low, low price of some 2007 Fleer Ultra and a Rockies/Blue Jays card or two, I received the following Rangers (plus a bunch more) from Roy over at The Paper Chase.





Nothing special here. Just my man Will Clark celebrating one of his homeruns on this 1998 Topps cards. I think will is just about half a second away from Mark McLemore touching his butt. In a good way. If that's even possible. Great card!



Here's an early card of one of my favorite current Rangers. This 2001 Topps Stars Josh Hamilton is new to the collection and much appreciated.

This is another new card. To me, that is. It's a 2000 Bowman Chrome Meteoric Rise Ivan Rodriguez. If that is the Earth below Pudge, you're about to see the full moon on the next card.

Bringing up the rear, pun completely intended, is this 1996 UD Collector's Choice Ivan Rodriguez. This looks like the aftermath of a play at the plate that Pudge won. I think that's a Red Sox player on the ground. For his sake, I hope I can't identify him.

Roy, thanks for the trade and I'm sure we'll do another one somewhere along the way. I'm trying to put that Turkey Red set together, but I'll be on the lookout for another Fowler for you. I do have an extra Halladay if you want it.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,
    I didn't realize that you collected ALL Hamilton cards... If I ever get my Rays team sets sorted, I am sure I have a BUNCH of dupes to send your way... Bringing up the rear, good stuff...

    ReplyDelete