Thursday, February 4, 2010

Groundhog Day Contest Winner

The sorting is done, the pile of dupes grows taller, and we have a winner in the Groundhog Day Contest. And this Matt Kemp is still my favorite card of the year so far.







After 55 retail packs of 2010 Topps, the base set completion percentage is...92.42%. That's 305/330. That makes Thorzul, Grand Master Bipper, our winner with a guess of 92.6%. I'm sure Thorzul will be happy to receive his prize of 8 brand spanking new 2010 Topps Packs since he's got some crazy idea to put the set together without buying any. Bill, instead of sending Brewers, I'm going to include a healthy stack of my 2010 Topps duplicates if that works for you.
One of the cards, #68, was damaged so you will see 26 cards in my want list, but I counted it toward the total since I did get it.

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest and to those who publicized the contest on their blog. Here is the list of blogs/bloggers that I KNOW mentioned the contest. If you posted about the contest, but your blog isn't listed, please post a comment/link so I can get you in the drawing for the bonus packs. That winner will be determined by random.org and will get 5 unopened packs of 2010 Topps plus some extras. I'll do the Randomization Sunday night to give everyone a chance to let me know if I missed them.

Cardboard Junkie
The Collective Troll
The Paper Chase
In the Ballpark
Night Owl
A Rookie (baseball) Card Collector
Great Sports Name Hall of Fame
Waxaholic
The Other World
The Great Orioles Autograph Project
No One is Going to Read This Blog
The Real DFG
Condition Poor
All Your Base Cards Belong to Us
Balk Four

Thanks and congrats again to Thorzul Will Rule.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome contest and congrats on getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Thorzul. I just missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omega Cardboard:

    http://omegawax.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, had a link for you right here:
    http://mmmrhubarb.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/ak-mal-and-his-wonderous-time-machine/

    ReplyDelete