Monday, January 16, 2012

Lady Gaga is an imitator

The response to these celebrity autos hasn't been overwhelming, but that's ok. I'm trying to get through until the new products come out and until the Rangers sign Prince Fielder and Yu Darvish things are getting thin around here. I guess I need to hunt down some more packsearchers.

Today's post is musical in nature. Lady Gaga is hailed today as someone who is chameleon-like and changes constantly. Well, she has nothing on the original musical chameleon.

Madonna's debut album came out when I was 12 and she was THE musical superstar during my teen years. Am I proud of that? Not really, but I was a fan when I was younger. My musical leanings have shifted in the many years since I left teendom, but at the time, she was it.




I received these two 4X6 postcards in the mail sometime in early 90's.




This one is a little smeared and it smeared on the back of the black and white one. The ink is clearly there on the back. Someone didn't let them dry. Way to go Madonna! Like many of the autos you get TTM, it's hard to say if they are authentic. Not long after I got these, I took them to a shop that sold memorablia and autographs and the guy there said they were real and offered to buy them from me. Obviously, I opted to keep them.

These next four are being shown for The Cardboard Godfather. I read a comment he wrote on someone else's celebrity post. The post wasn't about Debbie Gibson, but his comment was, so here you go Don!














I didn't know then that you could use baby powder on glossy cards to prevent that smear. Debbie Gibson is just a few days younger than me, so I guess she was more in my wheelhouse than Brooke Shields.

6 comments:

  1. it has to be baby powder with talc, or it won't work.

    But the best is to take one of those white erasers, and rub the card with it vigorously. You end up with little white bits of eraser EVERYWHERE, but the card is now auto safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice autos. Madonna is/was awesome, I realize more and more. I also grew up with her and wasn't the biggest fan, but now I'm realizing how lucky we were to not have, say, Lady Gaga. And Debbie Gibson, she sang with the Circle Jerks, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm glad I was more of the Madonna era rather than the GaGa era as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anybody who says they don't lik the material girl is lying, I still enjoy listening to her albums, Music from and inspired by the film Dick Tracy is among my favorite music...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I associate the 80's with Tony Gwynn, Rickey Henderson, and Kirby Puckett. But these posts are helping me see the light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to never mention Lady Gaga on my blog. Someone will probably do a search and figure out I have, but until they do, I'm saying it will never happen.

    ReplyDelete