Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I need the other half of this play at the plate

I love a good mystery. Jack aka Baseball Dad over at All Tribe Baseball sent me a package that had a mystery in it.





Here's a note from Jack.

Here is the 1/2 a play at the plate in question.





It's from the 1988 Panini sticker collection. I NEED the other sticker to complete this play at the plate. Does anyone have a clue who the catcher is or even better, have an extra copy of this sticker laying around? I know it's a longshot, but I had to ask.

Jack did include a few regular cards too.




This isn't one of them. This is a 2003 Donruss Estrellas Nolan Ryan. I can't read it, but I like it.






How about some gold? No, not 2012 Gold, I'm talking about old gold. All the way back to 2011! Can you believe it?





How about some vintage greatness? This 1979 Toby Harrah is in great shape and I always appreciate some quality vintage stuff.




I've never seen these Fan Pak Standees before, but it's great! I guess you can fold it up to make it stand up, but I think I'll pass. I like my cards flat...2010 Topps Chrome not withstanding.

Thanks a bunch Jack. I do appreciate the package.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure who it is (and I'll let you take it the rest of the way anyway) but here's a photo of the sticker you need (#26):

    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/8819/cid/415446

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who that is either, but thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete