Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Success

In honor of today's Super Bowl, I thought I'd share my collection of Super Bowl winner autos. Unlike most of the celebrity autos I've shown, these were obtained in person by yours truly.




Darren Woodson played for the Dallas Cowboys from 1992-2004. He was part of three Super Bowl Champs when the Cowboys won in 1992, 1993 and 1995. He was on the preliminary list of candidates for the Hall of Fame in 2012, but wasn't chosen.




Harvey Martin is one of the best defensive ends to ever play football and he is not in the Hall of Fame. That's an terrible oversight and one the HOF needs to rectify. Martin was a Cowboy from 1973-1983. He was the co-MVP (with Randy White) of Super Bowl XII when the Cowboys beat the Broncos. Martin died in 2001.




Charles Haley was an absolute beast. He won 5 Super Bowls, 2 with the 49ers and 3 with the Cowboys. Haley had a Hall of Fame type career, but some say his crazy actions on the field have kept him out of the Hall thus far. I remember Haley being quite surly at the autograph signing. I've only seen one other athlete act less like he wanted to be signing autographs. That was Hakeem Olajuwon.




Mike Ditka won three Super Bowls, joining Tom Flores as the only person to do that as a player, assistant coach and head coach. Ditka was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1988, the first Tight End ever enshrined in the Hall.

That's 12 Super Bowl victories for these 4 guys. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.


I'll have the final contest post up today at 4PM Central time so everyone can see it before the Super Bowl starts.

1 comment:

  1. Nice autographs. Didn't realize that Ditka was the first tight end in the HOF... he's definitely high up on my want list.

    ReplyDelete