Thursday, February 2, 2012

Say it isn't so Josh

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Josh Hamilton was spotted drinking in a Dallas area bar on Monday. As a Rangers fan and a Josh Hamilton fan, I'm a little sad. Sad that he still fights those addictive demons every day.





My father was an alcoholic who didn't drink the last 20 years of his life. He still fought those same demons from time to time, but he always said the longer he went without drinking, the easier it was not to drink.

I know a lot of people will jump up and start bashing Hamilton because he's an outspoken Christian. They'll say he's a fraud and a bunch of other trash. Being a Christian doesn't make a person perfect. It just means they're forgiven.

I hope Josh, his family and the Rangers can work through this latest setback. I hope so for Josh's sake. His health and well-being have to come first. After all, baseball is just a game.

5 comments:

  1. Agreed! I hope nothing big comes of this, and yea some Christians can be overly judgmental. My mom, a Christian and Missionary always told me a church should be filled with more sinners than saints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully he was just hanging with friends sipping on a Shirley Temple, Arnold Palmer or another non-alcoholic beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this this morning and it is really sad. His story is a good one and one that I hope people really grasp. IMO every day is a battle for him and I just pray that his support system does not fail him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read the DMN article. How many guys would confess this to the world when there was no "incident" (ie arrested, bar fight, cheated on his wife, etc)?

    I didn't collect him before. He's on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another thing that bothers me about all of this is that the contract negotiations are now on hold. That means he probably won't be a Ranger in 2013. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete