Friday, March 30, 2012

We now resume...Pack Wars!!

I guess it's official. My life is pretty boring so I'm reduced to generating excitement through pack wars. Actually, it's made these two blasters a little more fun to open. Normally by this time, I'd have sorted the cards into my set and set aside any for trading and forgotten them. At least I'm still enjoying the break.

Here are the current standings:

Josh D--15 points
Derek Hill--5 points
Morgan--5 points
The Hit King--5 points
Kazi--4 points
Rob--4 points
Fuji--3 points
arpsmith---3 points

Let's get started with the 2012 Heritage blaster. First up, is dawgbones from Dawgbones, A Phillies Phan. That's a phunny blog name.

Pack 9: Dawgbones - Phillies, Carlos Ruiz





Chris Carpenter--I should throw out this pack, burn the blog, and banish Dawgbones forever for this card after Game 7 of the 2011 World Series. Of course, it's not Dawgbones fault, but he suffers with zero points. +0
Miguel Montero +0
Brian McCann--two catchers in a row is worth a point. Hey, I'm the boss, get over it. +1
Alcides Escobar +0
Clay Buchholz +0
Tom Milone--Dawgbones is in a slump.
Chris Denorfia--I was just thinking how Dawgbones needed Chris Denorfia to break this slump. SP +3
Anibal Sanchez +0
Willie Bloomquist +0

Dawgbones total = 4 points.

Pack 10: Thorzul - Brewers, Ryan Braun



Justin Verlander--It was nice of Topps to fly out to Verlander's Hawaiian vacation to get this shot +0
John Axford--I thought this was one of those error cards because he looks so different in each picture. Favorite team +2
Yonder Alonso--He looks happy for a guy who just go zero points. +0
Johan Santana--Anyone wanna lay odds on the number of wins Santana gets in 2012? +0
Emilio Bonifacio--Thoughts on the Marlins new logo? It's colorful, that's for sure. +0
Mark Teixiera Stick-On--Why on earth would anyone want to stick that smug face on anything is beyond me. +5 insert, -2 Yankee, +3 total.
Devin Mesoraco--That dude looks like a catcher. +0
Matt Dominguez--The back of this card says Dominguez is at the head of the line for Miami's 3B job. Did anyone tell Hanley Ramirez that? +0
Shelley Duncan--Not a great way to finish up... +0


Thorzul total = 5 points
Well, we're already a quarter of the way through this blaster and no one has made a run at Josh and his lead. Here are the standings as of now:

Josh D--15 points
Derek Hill--5 points
Morgan--5 points
The Hit King--5 points
Thorzul--5 points
Dawgboines--4 points
Kazi--4 points
Rob--4 points
Fuji--3 points
arpsmith---3 points

I'll get the next two packs up later today.

2 comments:

  1. If Fuji & his A's don't win, I really, really want that Milone card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double Damn, shoulda went with my D-Backs!! At least there wasn't a Yankmee in the bunch!! And I'm still 7 points ahead of arpsmith!! Thanks for the fun. And I happen to agree about the Carpenter card and will gladly start my banishment tomorrow, or maybe the day after...

    ReplyDelete