Sunday, March 18, 2012

You don't see that too often

The Rangers have historically been a no-pitch, swing for the fences kind of team. That hasn't been the case the last couple of years as the pitching has helped them to consecutive World Series appearances. Ron Washington is not above playing a little small ball now and then because he can generally trust his pitching staff to make a lead stand up.

Still, it's a little funny to see these guys bunting on cards.





Hank Blalock, 2003 UD Patch Collection. It looks like Blalock is a guy who didn't bunt often.





Michael Young, 2004 Topps Cracker Jack. I'm guessing Michael already bunted or else he'd have two hands on the bat.

The two bunting Rangers and a few other cards came courtesy of Johnny over at Cards from the Quarry.





Johnny knows I like presidential stuff, so he sent over this 2011 A&G Cabinet Card featuring LBJ and the National Parks. These things are a beast to store, but I love 'em.





I posted a more limited Tex auto earlier today, but this one is pretty limited too. I didn't take it out of the screw-down so the scan is awful. It's a 2003 Donruss Team Heroes Mark Teixeira auto #48/50. That's two nice/evil autos in one day so the team collector in me is pretty happy today.

Thanks for the cards Johnny. My son was pretty happy with the Smiths and Iannettas too.

3 comments:

  1. President + Cabinet Card = Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunts are underused, except when the 8 position singles on...I dont know the last time I have seen a sac squeeze in real life. Cool cards, I don't recall any of my cards with a dude bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, Teixeira cards. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete