Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm down with PWE

That's PWE, not OPP.

There are a few PWE kings around the blogdom, but I've never gotten two PWE's from one person on the same day.  They were even mailed the same day for goodness sakes!

Jeff over at 2 X 3 Heroes dropped two in the box for me after I claimed a couple of unloved Trade Me Tuesday offerings.



The first group of cards was a 6-pack of 2011 Allen and Ginter Inserts.  I love these Floating Fortress cards.  There were 5 of these, including this Mary Rose.  The Mary Rose was one of the first ships to fire broadside cannons.  She is now serving as a museum in Portsmouth, England and celebrated her 500th birthday in 2012.




The Sovereign of the Seas launched in 1637 and carried 102 bronze guns.  She fought in several key battles, but burned down in 1697.




One of the Ginter cards was this Minds that Made the Future Michael Faraday cards.  I like this set for some reason.  This British chemist and physicist discovered electromagnetic induction.




I'm a sucker for a die cut card and I love shiny stuff so when Jeff posted these 2013 Topps Cut to the Chase cards, I jumped on them.




In addition to these two Rangers, I also scored three others that will be included in packages I'm sending out soon.

Jeff, I've got a few cards set aside for you and I'll be mailing them on my next trip to the post office!

1 comment:

  1. OPP would just get me into more trouble...

    PWE's not that's something I can handle. If Jeff isn't the king of PWE's, he's gotta be in the top 3.

    ReplyDelete