Monday, March 31, 2014

They don't all come out smelling like a rose

Three weeks ago, the one and only Night Owl pointed out something I'd noticed, but hadn't really thought much about.  He wrote about how the blogosphere is overrun with posts about success.  I think we like to write and read about a successful trade, break or pack rip.

I also know that I'm less likely to say "Hey, I bought a blaster and it sucked!"  I think the main reason is that those times when nothing good comes out of a pack or blaster is when I kick myself and ask "why did I waste that money?"  Do I really want to write about that?

Well, after reading about Night Owls hot box Heritage blaster, I thought I'd share the contents of my latest blaster.




That's my haul for $20 plus tax.  Two short prints and one blue variation.  I'd categorize that as a failed blaster.  Don't get me wrong, I like this set.  I want to collect this set so almost every card was new and needed.  The thing is, I could get the base set 1-425 for the same price as a blaster if I was just a little patient.

I still had fun opening the packs though.  That's always fun.

2 comments:

  1. I had this same discussion with Ethan at Playing with My Cards last week. Why does anybody buy packs when if you just wait you can buy whatever you want for a fraction of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to bookmark this post. That way... I can pull it up the next time I'm thinking about paying full price on a blaster for this stuff. I think you have the right idea... I might just hold off and buy a 1-425 base set instead.

    ReplyDelete