Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Black

The flash drive I lost recently was black.  I realized this past weekend that I didn't just lose all my scans.  I also lost my updated Rangers checklists.  Every time I updated my list, I saved it on the flash drive. Fortunately, I have the original master checklist on my computer so I'm not completely messed up.  At some point, I just have to start with the master checklist and go through my team boxes to update it.  In the meantime, I have a thousand or so sorted Rangers that sit in a box waiting for me to get my act together.  

I didn't title a post "Black" simply because I had a black flash drive.  I actually ended up at Target and found a blister pack of 2014 Heritage with three black parallels.  Knowing full well that I wouldn't pull any Ranger parallels, I ponied up the money anyway.




I know some collectors out there that would be happy with Big Papi, Joey V or Manny the Batman.  It's just trade bait to me.




I did pull one thing that I liked.  Sure, it's a catcher, but it's not just any old regular catcher.




It's a mini Carlos Santana #66/100.  I bought a number of blasters of Heritage and didn't pull any minis and very few Chrome cards.  I haven't been back to Target since I bought this pack last week, but it was the last one so I doubt they have any more.  

I guess Topps Series 2 is all the rage now.  I bought my two blasters and I'm done with it.  I'll show you the "spoils" of those tomorrow.  Maybe it's even time for another contest.  

2 comments:

  1. I used to keep my checklist on a flash drive. The thought of loosing it is why I switched to google docs.

    ReplyDelete