Monday, March 12, 2012

Knocking the rust off: Answering a few more questions

I spent last week in sunny Florida at a conference. It was for work so while they paid the way, I earned my keep by staying busy. I wasn't too far from the one and only Troll, but I didn't get a chance to let him know I was there and hook up for some in person card talk. Troll, if you're reading, there's a chance I might be back that way the same time next year and if I am, we'll have to meet up somewhere!

Alright, since I'm back, I thought I'd knock out a few more of these questions.

1. Stealing Home: "Just who do you think you are, buster?"

Good question Stealing Home! I guess it was fairly pretentious of me to think anyone would want to ask me any questions. It worked out ok, but it would have been a big bust if I had gotten zero response!

2. Martyn: "What's the best hit you've pulled and why was it your best hit?"

That would probably be a 2000 Fleer Focus Fresh Ink Cal Ripken Jr. autograph just because of his legendary status. Unfortunately, that was a time when I was selling any big hits and I sold it on Ebay. I can't even remember how much I got for it. Sad.

3. Mark A: "Did you get that 1906 magazine cover I emailed you?"

Yes I did. Thank you for sending over a little historical patp action! Here it is so everyone can enjoy it.



4. Chunter: "Why is Jose Canceso still playing?"

I don't think he is now, but some people don't know when to give up. I think he may be as addicted to the spotlight as he is to...other stuff.


5. The Angels in Order: "When did you first become a Rangers fan?"

July 16, 1978. Just kidding. It WAS sometime when I was 8, which was in 1978. I lived about 225 miles from Arlington so I knew about the Rangers, but back then we never got games on TV or even the radio. I loved playing baseball so it was a natural fit to like the Rangers. I went to my first games a couple of years later when the White Sox played a double header against Texas. I've been a die hard fan ever since, which was a lot of lean years!

Thanks for the questions guys, I'll have more answers later. By the way, the March Contest winner will be announced later today.

4 comments:

  1. One would've thought that Stealing Home would've sent you THAT magazine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know what I was doing on July 16, 1978. It was my birthday and we were driving back from Yankee Stadium after I watched my first major league game in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true dawgbones ! i definitely dig that cover.

    thanks for answering my question PATP

    ReplyDelete