Thursday, March 22, 2012

My First Autographed Sports Illustrated

I've been saving this one for last, but since Kathy Ireland turned 49 two days ago, I thought I'd post it as a belated birthday wish to my favorite SI model ever.

Kathy Ireland made an appearance at a KMart in Hawaii back in 1992 or 1993. I showed up with my copy of the 1992 SI Swimsuit issue and waited patiently for my chance to get an auto.




Kathy was really nice and spent a little time talking with each person and posing for pics.

I also got a large calendar signed. It was too big for the scanner, but it's stored safely away.



Here is the pic of her with my SI and the calendar is underneath it.

I started doing TTMs in 1995 and sent away a short note to Kathy.





She was nice enough to respond with this autographed picture. Not exactly the same as the SI, but still a nice auto for my collection.

I've got a few more TTMs left in that binder, but I think I'll hold off until after the Rangers win the 2012 World Series to post them.

5 comments:

  1. Cool Autos. Yeah Kathy has been my fave SI Model as well. You should have posted this on St. Paddy's Day because it made me green. LOL! ON a sidetrack kind of note when Denise Richards first came on the scene instead of saying "Wow She is SMOKIN!" my reaction was "Wow She looks like a slightly younger Kathy Ireland".

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and what a great first autographed SI it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't she know you are supposed to get uglier the older you get?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously envious... great eye candy.

    ReplyDelete