Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Long Fly Ball from Canada to Texas

David from Long Fly Ball to Because... and I pulled off a trade not long ago. I initiated this trade because David did a three box break of 2009 Topps 206 and he pulled a mis-cut Cycle mini. He was upset enough about it that he didn't even want to use it in a trade, but I persuaded him otherwise and we made a trade anyway. Here are just a few of the cards David sent over.


This 2009 Goodwin Joe Mauer fills a player collection need. Joe still looks a little shocked by that $184 million contract.




This is the highly coveted No Number Ichiro from the 2009 Topps 206 set. Ok, maybe I'm the only one coveting it, but now that it's mine, I covet it NO MORE! I just enjoy it.


This is shiny and nice and not even Chrome! It's a 1996 Pinnacle Artist's Proof Dean Palmer and it looks great even better in person than it does in the scan. Dean is still one of my favorite former Rangers.
Here is the mis-cut mini that started it all. You can see Michael is a little off-center, but it's not a big deal to me. It is my first Cycle Mini of a Ranger.

It also happens to be serial numbered: 22/99. 22 has some significance to me because it's the number of my favorite all-time player, Will Clark. That doesn't mean anything to Michael Young, but it does to me.
David also sent over a stack of Rangers and more than 40 2009 Topps 206 cards to aid in the completion of that set.
David, thanks for the cards and I appreciate you sending the mis-cut, misunderstood mini my way!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. You have an awesome blog, and keep up the great work.

    Topps Baseball Card Sets Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see there's love for misfit cards in this world...lol. I may bust one more box of T-206 so I'll keep your wantlist in mind.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete